Skip to main content

Day 30 Thank You

The final day of 31 days of writing (or 30 days if you're me and you took a day off). I have loved sharing these words with you over the past month. I hope the experience has allowed the Holy Spirit to speak through me and whisper to your heart and give you some wisdom.  I know that he has definitely worked in me.

I'm currently working on some writing goals for 2019, that way I'll be here more often than I have been. And a new website is in the works, so stay tuned! Thank you so much for your love and support-- I really and truly appreciate it!

So for this final day, I leave you with a prayer:

Father, thank you for moments of peace in the middle of crazy schedules, hectic lives, and struggles in this life that lay heavy on our hearts day to day. Your peace surpasses understanding, and for this we are grateful.  I thank you for this journey you've brought me on, and the friends that have supported me along the way.  Bless them and fill them with your joy and your hope. Help us to go out from here and love people well, love ourselves well, and love you well.  We need you Abba. Thank you for who you are, Love, and for your salvation that tugs a reminder of love and grace in our hearts every day. We love you.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 29 Roots

Orange unfurls from green and lies under layers of brown. Roots are planted deep, but canopies are left bare with death as bitter winds befriend my nose and fingers. I pray my roots are deep enough to endure the change of season. What if death consumes everything that sits on the surface so everything underneath is exposed? Dig deep, patiently wait for the sprout to emerge, let the roots begin to sink in. The winds may blow the leaves away and break some branches, but resurrection comes with change too. Hope lives in the roots.

Day 27 You are a Leader

Today Pastor Chris (at Riverbank Church in White River Junction, VT) talked about one of my favorite topics-- Christian leadership.  What do you think of when we hear the word "leader?" Maybe you think, "sure, I'm a leader." That's great! But maybe you think, "uh, no way, I don't have the abilities or the gifts to be a leader." And if that's you, I understand where you are coming from. But friend, I'm lovingly telling you, you're dead wrong. As Christians, we are all leaders.  Really, I think we're just defining leadership wrong. Leadership, from a biblical standpoint, is serving others (Matthew 20:28), influence (Galatians 5:16-25), responsibility (Galatians 6:4-5), character (2 Peter 1:3), and skill (Luke 1610-12). We all have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, and he is the most powerful influence. So if we have him living inside of us, and working through us, how can we not be leaders? See, God does not call the qualif...

Day 28 Divine Love in Truth

I'm going to back-track here... back to truth. Remember how I said it's connected to love? Christopher Heuertz says in The Sacred Enneagram  that "there is divine love in all truth no matter where it's from." But see, sometimes the truth hurts. So where's the love then? What about the truth that I am broken and selfish and impatient and human? When we are held accountable, we typically don't like hearing where we've gone wrong. And yet, being held accountable is so valuable and necessary. It helps us see who we truly are-- even the ugly bits.  It teaches us how we can grow and who we are becoming.  It draws us closer to Love. When you can see where you struggle, you can also choose to see your potential. I believe that's how God sees all of us.  He sees our cracked pieces and sees beauty because he can see the final work. It requires hope on our end, and patience to hear and develop from hard truth. So next time you hear someone tell you that t...