Skip to main content

HIStory: A Legacy That Will Not Fail

Some days I feel like a ghost. 
Some weeks I look back and feel like I've been a ghost.
Sometimes I look back and wonder if I've been a ghost all my life.
Invisible. Unnoticed. Unloved. Unworthy. Not Enough. Transparent. Non-existent.
Does anyone even know I'm here?
Have I made any difference at all?
Sometimes (most of the time) my voice is quiet. I feel like I go unheard. Like no one is listening.
Sometimes I allow the lies to seep in and convince me that my voice is insignificant.
      "no one cares what you have to say. they won't listen. you just shouldn't say anything at all."

And so I don't. I remain silent. I buy into the lie that I am unworthy. That I am not enough. That I'm alone. That I will never be heard.



But then... then... sometimes I hear His small, still voice.
       "I love you. If I care for the birds, how much more will I care for you? Cast all your cares on me.
        I will be your strength. I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Why do I allow this anxiety to consume me?
It seems to so easily penetrate.
And yet I know the lies are just that. Lies.
And fear is the result of belief in the lies.

But with God there is no fear. He is perfect love. And perfect love drives out fear.
He gives me a voice. He gives me peace. He says that I am beautiful.
I don't have to compare myself to anyone else because my mirror isn't the world, but God.
Do I reflect Him?

I don't have to be anxious about anything because I can do all things through His strength.
I am more than a conqueror through Him.
I can trust that His plan will bring hope, future, and beauty.
He has allowed me to enter into His plan. It is a story where every role is important. Significant. Unique. Lovely. And it is only through Him.
It is HIS story. His-story. History.
His story allows me to leave a legacy in this world that is for His glory.
And it makes history.

So let's release the anxiety. Raise our burdens up. Let God take them. For His burden is light and easy to bear.
Let's let God be our mirror. Because anything else will not satisfy.



We are not ghosts, but beloved CHILDREN. Beloved sons and daughters. Beloved princes and princesses. Beloved. Of the one true King. Prince of Peace. 
Heavenly Father. Abba. Daddy.
Let's trust in His plan for the future. Trust in His beautiful story.
Because (spoiler alert)...

He wins in the end.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 29 Roots

Orange unfurls from green and lies under layers of brown. Roots are planted deep, but canopies are left bare with death as bitter winds befriend my nose and fingers. I pray my roots are deep enough to endure the change of season. What if death consumes everything that sits on the surface so everything underneath is exposed? Dig deep, patiently wait for the sprout to emerge, let the roots begin to sink in. The winds may blow the leaves away and break some branches, but resurrection comes with change too. Hope lives in the roots.

Day 27 You are a Leader

Today Pastor Chris (at Riverbank Church in White River Junction, VT) talked about one of my favorite topics-- Christian leadership.  What do you think of when we hear the word "leader?" Maybe you think, "sure, I'm a leader." That's great! But maybe you think, "uh, no way, I don't have the abilities or the gifts to be a leader." And if that's you, I understand where you are coming from. But friend, I'm lovingly telling you, you're dead wrong. As Christians, we are all leaders.  Really, I think we're just defining leadership wrong. Leadership, from a biblical standpoint, is serving others (Matthew 20:28), influence (Galatians 5:16-25), responsibility (Galatians 6:4-5), character (2 Peter 1:3), and skill (Luke 1610-12). We all have the Holy Spirit living inside of us, and he is the most powerful influence. So if we have him living inside of us, and working through us, how can we not be leaders? See, God does not call the qualif...

Day 28 Divine Love in Truth

I'm going to back-track here... back to truth. Remember how I said it's connected to love? Christopher Heuertz says in The Sacred Enneagram  that "there is divine love in all truth no matter where it's from." But see, sometimes the truth hurts. So where's the love then? What about the truth that I am broken and selfish and impatient and human? When we are held accountable, we typically don't like hearing where we've gone wrong. And yet, being held accountable is so valuable and necessary. It helps us see who we truly are-- even the ugly bits.  It teaches us how we can grow and who we are becoming.  It draws us closer to Love. When you can see where you struggle, you can also choose to see your potential. I believe that's how God sees all of us.  He sees our cracked pieces and sees beauty because he can see the final work. It requires hope on our end, and patience to hear and develop from hard truth. So next time you hear someone tell you that t...